Important things are happening this weekend at Berkeley Friends Church–here’s what’s on:
Tomorrow, Saturday, 8/ 19, there will be a special Called Meeting for Worship with a Concern for Business from 10 AM to 12 noon at the meetinghouse to discern whether BFC will be a pastored or un-pastored Meeting following my departure in September. As a reminder, Ministry & Counsel has asked members and attenders to respond to the following queries:
- What is our sense of God’s call to our meeting, and does being a pastored or un-pastored Meeting help us be more obedient to the call?
- If being a pastored Meeting is our path, what do we want in a pastor? (e.g. qualities, experience, part-time vs. full time, interim vs. long term)
- If we begin a formal search process, should we begin as soon as possible?
- If being an un-pastored Meeting is our path, what are we as a Meeting willing to do (i.e. which roles and tasks are we individually and collectively willing to take on)?
Then, on Sunday, 8/20, the events are as follows:
- The Singing Ensemble gathers to rehearse a joyful noise at 9 AM;
- Kids & adults join in their Sunday School classes at 10 AM;
- Everyone coalesces for Worship at 11 AM, with singing, prayer, a special musical offering, and our monthly time of extended open worship;
- We all chow down at a potluck lunch following worship (regulars, please bring something to share, or if you can’t, contribute a small amount for supplies);
- And then we conclude the day with our regular Monthly Meeting with a Concern for Business at 1 PM.
Hope to be with you this weekend!